Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Quick Update

This past week was the first time we had both golf and bowling league. Tuesday was golf and went pretty well. I was just happy that I was under 9 (the max) on 4 of the 9 holes. Due to a thunderstorm that passed through right before we teed off, the course was soggy, but fun none the less. Coming from Oregon, I am not use to 80 degree weather with rain. It is definitely a different experience.

Thursday was bowling, which went really well. I started off rough with a sub 100 game, but picked it up in the second and third with a 127 and 157. We ended up winning 6 of the 8 points. We have a new team member this season, Rob (my personal trainer), and he seemed to fit right in with the group and enjoy himself (especially after a few beers).

Well, I am going to have to make this one quick, we have a bathroom remodel that needs to get done. We are hoping to have it done before Kathy and Ian arrive (Jun 17), a visit we are really looking forward to.


I will leave you with a picture of the dogs enjoying the warm southern weather. This picture was actually taken a few months ago, but they are outside doing the same thing right now. (There is more grass now though)


2 comments:

Tom said...

That picture looks like an oil painting or something....hmmmm.

As for Tuesday golf don't forget to mention not the two, not even three, but the rare four-whiffer on the first tee of the first hole!

Scared the ball crapless with big pinky doing all those flybys and on the fifth swing it just picked up and decided to make tracks for the weeds, never to be seen from again.

And on swing six the ball's brother joined him in weedville.

Just about everybody who golfs started out the same way, and if they tell you different they're lying. With weekly practice you'll improve quickly and learn just how much fun it is to self-flagellate for two hours and to pay someone for the priviledge of doing so.

Pennie said...

All I can think about in looking at that picture is: "Holy Crap! Fireants!!!!!!!" ;p