Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Attack of the Drugstore Beetles

If you have never experienced drugstore beetles, consider yourself lucky. For reference they are the size of a flax seed. We had a brief encounter with them last year when they got into some dog treats. However, this year is an all out war. They are EVERYWHERE!!!!

I spent this morning going through our pantry, throwing away all the food they had gotten into (pretty much everything that was not factory sealed). Then, I vacuumed up all the ones I could see, and have been repeatedly vacuuming up bugs as they appear. Here are a couple of pictures taken before the third round of bug vacuuming.



























Oh well, I guess they could be and invasion of palmetto bugs (a nice name for the roaches that frequent the area). However, I did vaccum up one in the sunroom. Thankfully it was already dead (which is how we find most of them). Here is a pic of a palmetto bug.





















If this happened to me, I would DIE!
So as you can see.... our summer of fun is of with a bang ;-)

In other news, the bathroom remodel is coming along. I promise pictures when it is all done. And there has been absolutely no bickering in the process. See ya soon.

2 comments:

Babs said...

I love the new look. No so crazy about the bugs. I think we might have something like that too lurking in the pantry.

Pennie said...

Ewwwww--don't think that I'd hold up quite as bravely as you, dear DIL. Power to the vacuum!!

My burning question: how DO you pull off a bathroom remodel with a genetic DeBo without the bickering???? :0 (Do tell...)