Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Believe or Not, A Post

WOW, the last three months have flown bye. I am not sure where to even pick up. July, August, and September were spent getting used to the new area, working, and working some more (on the house). We are almost completely unpacked; just a few boxes remain (primarily books).

October has been full of fun. The first weekend (plus some) was spent with Ma and Pa. We had a blast. Check out Tom's blog for more details.

The second weekend, my friend Edgar from Fox came to visit. We had fun hanging out at Carowinds with Brian (another friend from Fox, who drove up from Charleston for the day) on Saturday. After Carowinds we went to dinner and a movie (Body of Lies). Sunday we all went bowling (as usual ;-) ). It was great to be able to catch up and hang out with Edgar.

The third weekend we flew to New Jersey to spend time with the Ham's. We had a great time playing with the kids, celebrating Darin's 3rd birthday, and closing down the local bowling alley.

As I am typing, Jose Manuel and Tom are hitting golf balls in the backyard. Jose Manuel is a colleague of Tom's visiting from Spain. He hosted Tom in Spain last October. We have also played a few games of pool and darts (DeBoard tradition). For dinner I will be serving a traditional Spanish dish called Paella.

In addition to all the fun, Tom has been travelling the majority of the month and is leaving again on Monday. We will have a couple of weeks to recover from all the busyness and then my parent will be coming in mid November. YEAH! We can't wait to show them around the South.

Here are a couple of other random fact, thoughts, happenings, etc.
  • Doggers are happy
  • I bowled a 176 on Thursday!!!!!!!
  • Have you ever heard of a to-go cup? Almost all of the restaurants in the South not only offer to-go boxes for your food, but to-go cups for your drink as well. We have even been offered to-go cups for our water. ;-)
  • I am being reassigned at work, yet again... This makes five work assignments in 2 1/2 years. At least I am being reassigned for positive reasons. I always like a new challenge.
  • I have a wonderful personal trainer named Rob. For the last 3 months I have been working out with him twice a week. It has really helped with commitment and I am seeing great results with my strength and cardiovascular health. Now, if I could just figure out how to lose the weight as well. Still working on that.....

Hope this update finds everyone happy and healthy. I promise I won't make you wait three months for the next one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A post!

This site must have been hacked!

Unknown said...

Yippee Skippee!!! DeBulletin Board Blogs!!! (It sure is nice having a fresh prospective on the DeBo's...)
Can't wait to hear more on the new assignment. Does this help stabalize your position any in the upcoming cuts?
Congratulations on the gym commitment and hard work--remember to be patient. You have to allow for at least the same amount of time that the weight snuck on for it to go back off again (and usually then some) and also that muscle tissue is heavier than adipose.
Five the doggies a hug for us.
Blog again soon!

Babs said...

I am shocked. No I am stupefied I have been checking in and rechecking in and at last a glimpse into life from the NoPo DeBos - ala Laurie. We can't wait to get there and see life in SC in person