Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving




























Tom and I had a quiet Thanksgiving, just the two of us. I spent most of the day in the kitchen. Tom played games and did some much needed yard work.

I decided to try and make everything from scratch this year, it turned out really well. My favorite was the pumpkin pie (made from a fresh pumpkin). The only thing that came from cans was the green bean casserole. We were stuffed by the end of dinner, and had lots of leftovers.

I also picked up another turkey from the store (on sale) so that we could freeze some turkey for sandwiches. The turkey I made for Thanksgiving was 9.3 lbs. The one in my fridge waiting to be cooked weighs almost 20 lbs. We will be eating turkey until next Thanksgiving.

You can see the pictures here.

We have also been enjoying the four day weekend that comes along with Thanksgiving. Lots of resting, quiet time, and of course some gaming and crafts.

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday as much as we did. We certainly missed our family, and look forward to seeing everyone for Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dinner was awesome.

I tried waddling away from that table but my legs buckled and I splayed out on the floor like a hippo in the mud.

Good stuff.

Babs said...

It looked very festive. We missed you for the holiday but glad you had time together.