Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Our Weekend

Yah, I know, it has been a while, again. According to Ma's comment on the last post, the blog is "brain dead". Miracles do happen though. So here I am with a post.

We have been busy lately, taking advantage of the nice weather and our every-other-three-day-weekends. It will be hard to go back to a normal work schedule when things pick back up. This weekend was only two days, but we packed quite a bit in.

On Saturday, we started bright and early with a chiro appointment at 8:30. Then it was on to the hair dressers for me. I had to cover up the gray. Yes, that is right, I got my grandmother's (Baba) genes, and am going gray at the ripe-old-age of 26.

Tom went to the gym after our chiro appointment and we met back up at the house for a quick lunch and a meeting with the new yard-guy (this is a post in itself, but I will leave that one for Tom). Then we headed out the mall to shop for golf clothes. Darn dress codes anyways.

So, after picking up khaki and navy blue shorts and several polos, I am set. If you had asked me five years ago if I would ever be seen wearing dress shorts and polos, I would have laughed at you. Oh well, it should be fun.

Tom had the evening to himself, while I went to bunco at a co worker's house. I tied for most buncos and most wins, but lost both roll offs. Gray hair, golf, polo shirts, bunco..... man, am I getting old ;-)

Sunday was spent picking up the house, a trip to home-depot to get supplies for the bathroom remodel, and finishing this:





















Robyn, my co worker, is expecting her little boy any day now. I was really happy with how the colors turned out in this quilt.

And to finish off the weekend, I am posting on my blog. We have a four day weekend coming up, so who knows, maybe you will hear from me again soon.

4 comments:

Pennie said...

Yippee! Skippee!! The patient shall LIVE after all!!! (The power of patience...) ;D

Love, love, love the baby quilt--that fabric is just darling, and the craftsmanship superb. I imagine that you had a lot of fun working on it.

Everything at the DeBo sounds like it it humming along. So you are growing old right in front of yourself... too funny. Give 'er another few decades and see where it takes you.

So you are going to play golf after all? Can't wait to see photos and hear about the tournament once everything is into full swing. (No pun intended).

Enjoy your loooong weekend!!

Ma

Jen said...

I love your quilt! Beautiful!

Glad to see you posting in your blog. So funny that you would post about how you're growing old at 26 and I'm posting about how I REFUSE to grow old at 30 ;0)

Enjoy your weekends together!

Babs said...

Yeah, stress must be causing the Gray :) I know mine all had names on them for a while..Sam, Sam, Sam with a bit of Laurie and a little less of Kathy thrown in :) The quilt is awesome. Nice job and such a nice gift. Yeah who would think Laurie in "preppy" clothes. Take a picture for us.

Nancy said...

I can't believe it! You've turned into your mom! Quilting, bunco and even golf! Now you just need to be a den mother, camp fire leader and computer geek!