Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, June 16, 2008

Here is what I have been up to ...

Home Improvements...

Outside of the house before.
















Outside after a new roof, trim boards, gutters and a repainted door.

















A close up of the door. Darrell repainted the door and did a phenomenal job, it is my favorite improvement so far. It really improves the curb appeal.






















Living room before.

















Living room after painted ceilings and walls. The walls are actually a light beige color but it doesn't come across real well in the photos.

















Fireplace before.

















And after. I still need to clean the fireplace

















Hallway before.






















And after.






















Dining area before.

















After. The door still needs a coat of polyurethane.






















The kitchen before (sort of). Darrell had already taken down the vent that matched the mustard yellow counters, replaced the light over the sink, and Pennie and I cleaned and restored the cabinets.

















The kitchen in process. I still have to re laminate the counters and paint. The majority of the kitchen and dining area is painted, but I am waiting until the countertops are finished to paint this part of the kitchen. Notice the freshly painted range hood compliments of Darrell, master of the aerosol can :-)

















More to follow as the improvements continue. Two of the bedrooms are also painted. Here is what I have left.

1. Paint the master bedroom
2. Paint the bathrooms
3. Install new electrical outlets, switches, and covers.
4. Install carpet (scheduled for a week from Monday, may move it to Friday)
5. Re laminate countertops (second estimate tomorrow, hoping it's better than the first)
6. New molding in the living room, hallway, and around the front and kitchen doors.
7. CLEAN!
8. Yard work.
9. Install new air conditioner???

As you can see I am keeping busy, but I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Well, those of you who haven't been working right along side of me. I can't thank Darrell, Pennie, Mom, and Dad enough for all their help.
P.S. Tom you now owe me pictures of the fence.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I dead or dreaming - Did you finally take pictures and upload them?! Who are you imposter and what have you done with my (procrastinating) wife!

Comments below:

The door looks great. It's a completely different look highlighed by the fact that there isn't a "piss off and die" sign attached to the front (you did keep that, right?)

I'm sad to see the green go. I liked the mean green house... :(

The fireplace looks like it's been defending against artillery shells. Need to get a rag on that for sure.

Probably should look at taking out the old A/C and replacing it before time gets too short. It's a bit of a sore spot in the house and will become a maintenance issue soon.

Did you get a new coat of tile sealent on the front bathroom floor yet? That'll give the floor a bright lasting shine that will also protect it.

Cabinets and doors look phenominal -- good move.

Okay, I guess the white hood doesn't look so bad after all. Kinda matches now, doesn't it... ;)


Overall, great progress Laurie. I owe you a similar set of progress pictures from this house (you'll love the new purple walls), as well as [begrudgingly] a set of pictures of the fence.

Unknown said...

The municipals in Cracktown will now have to take down all their signs, replacing them with new ones that read:

"Clean Acres"

and in fine print: (Good Renters welcome)

Anonymous said...

I Think your new Blog name should be

Bugsalot DeBos SC

Dad